Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Mystery of the Invisible Platform

I've gotten a bit frustrated about the utter lack of platforms. It seems like the candidates have yet to hammer out their plans for the nation.  The last time I checked only G. Teodoro had a platform online. Does this mean I have to go contact the political party or candidate just to ask about it? Maybe I was too early in performing due diligence. When should I expect to see any platforms? December? January 2010? December 2010?

It's a bad sign. It seems the candidates still operate with the traditional mindset that popularity is the most important ingredient in this election. Sure it's a big part of any election, but the popularity ideally comes from having a good plan and the backbone to implement it. It's not because of some PR generated drama.

So now I'm sort of stuck. I'm getting tired of checking a candidate and then attaching a "no platform yet" statement to the work. So while I'm waiting, I'll go make my own platform. Now these candidates will get benchmarked against something. Tough for them. I'll still check out the aspirants, but I will set a criterion for the platform's declaration: 1 December 2009. I will be wary of people who declare plans after that.  




 

No comments:

Post a Comment