Thursday, April 29, 2010

Manuel Villar

I've finally found the supposed Nacionalista Party Platform. Why do I say supposed? Simply because I can't find any link to it through their Party website nor through Manny Villar's sites. It's not hosted on any official site. It's on Scribd. If the situation changes please let me know, hopefully before May 10.

Now, before I go through the platform itself, let me explain the significance of the Platform's location. Without a link to any official NP website we are not certain that the party or at least a party official recognizes the Scribd based platform. In short, it could be a fake. God knows the mud has been thick in the air these past few months. I wouldn't be surprised to see faux platforms used as a way to discredit or misinform people.

How did I find this document? I Googled it. That in itself is also significant. It's like the boss telling his subordinates:

Boss: "We have a strategic plan! Everyone must be on the same page so read it!"
Subordinates: "Great boss give it to us!"
Boss: "Its somewhere in the building... look for it"

Sounds like a Dilbert strip? Here's the catch. In a democracy the people are the boss so that conversation is actually:

Boss: "Lets fix the company. Where is your strategic plan?"
Applicant : "Its in the building. Look for it!"

Sorry, that one little act is indicative of character. And the character is disregard for people. Is access to the platform a privilege for the few? Should I even bother to read the platform given that the party behind it does not respect the citizens? Should I even bother to analyze something that may be fake?

Now before this turns into a rant I will do the appropriate thing.

walks out

No comments:

Post a Comment